How does condensation occur?
- Cold air enters your home or place of work
- This cold air is then warmed by the buildings occupants
- The warm air then absorbs excessive amounts of moisture
- This warm, moist air hits cold surfaces, walls, windows and is cooled below its dew point
- The excess moisture is released, and condensation occurs
What is condensation?
Air in buildings can have a high level of humidity due to the activity of the occupants drying clothes and breathing. When this water filled air is released and comes into contact with cold surfaces like windows it can condense causing water to be left deposited in that area
What will happen if left untreated?
Condensation on windows typically brings out rapid decay to the lower areas of window casings, walls and even ceilings.
If this is not treated mould can occur which can then cause damage to plaster and be harmful to your health. Moulds produce allergens, irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as a runny nose sneezing, red eyes and skin rash. Moulds care also one of the main causes of asthma attacks.
Who does it effect the most?
How can a PIV unit help?
A Positive Input Ventilation Unit (PIV) System can create a clean and healthy living environment within your home or place of business. The system continually supplies fresh filtered air into your property thus reducing the the risk of condensation
A PIV unit from Damp Cure Ltd can help to eliminate surface condensation, prevent mould growth reduce house dust mites. We only use the best Nuair products to ensure a high quality reliable finish. Speak to an experienced and knowledgeable PIV expert at Damp Cure and discover how a PIV unit can help to reduce condensation in your home.
How can Damp Cure Ltd help?
- Condensation diagnosis
- Comprehensive black spot mould treatments
- Installation of pacifier vents
- Extractor fans installation for ongoing care
- Installation of (PIV) Positive Input Ventilation units for total condensation control
- Redecoration using specialist anti mould paints
- We prevent further damage to both commercial and domestic properties with our innovative techniques